Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Mrs62610
Susan1777 posted:
Just wanted to see if there was any update on your cycle. I'm a lurker now, but was a long time member of this board, and have been following your story. Last I saw was you were going to have your retrieval finally, but didn't see a fertilization report or transfer report. Any news? Do you have a test date soon? Hopefully you had some good embryos to transfer and are just staying quiet to keep the stress away during your TWW. Wishing you +++ vibes and let us know when you can how you're doing.

Susan
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

mrs62610 responded:
Hello! Sorry, I was feeling very bad after my retrieval so I wasn't on here. They did ICSI on the two best looking eggs (we didn't want to freeze any) only one made it to Transfer. Transferred on Day 3, 1 8-cell "perfect" embryo! I go for my 1st beta on Monday the 11th. I did test this morning with a Dollar Tree hpt and it was a faint positive but I had my last hcg booster on Sunday so I'm gonna test again tomorrow and see if it's darker. I'm just praying it will be!! Thanks for checking in!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. Doing IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25, 1 Perfect 8 cell Embryo Transferred on 1/28! 1st Beta Feb. 11th!!

Susan1777 replied to mrs62610's response:
Sorry you felt bad after your retrieval, but that's great news to have a perfect 8-cell! I didn't have any boosters w/ any of my IVF's, so just curious to know if the booster is the same dose as the initial hcg shot or not. I hope that keeps getting darker for you!!! Will be a great v-day present .
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

mrs62610 replied to Susan1777's response:
I took 1 regular dose of Ovidrel and mixed it with 1ml of water and it gave me 3 boosters. So it's only 1/3 the strength. As long as tomorrow's line is darker (or there is a line) then I will be pretty confident that it's real. My beta is scheduled for what would be 17DPO so I should be able to get a real positive this weekend!

It would be the best Valentine's present ever!!!!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. Doing IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25, 1 Perfect 8 cell Embryo Transferred on 1/28! 1st Beta Feb. 11th!!

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hey Jennifer! I haven't really been on a whole lot lately, but just wanted to wish you luck with the testing! I hope it is a positive!

I will be starting IVF hopefully in March! We met with the RE on Feb. 1st and got all the info so hopefully we will be right behind you!

Good luck!!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Hey!! I've been wondering about ya, miss hearing from you! I'm glad you're working on the next step!

I tested again this morning and the Dollar Tree test was the same as yesterday's, I also used an Answer (early result) test and it came back very dark. Not as dark as the control but definately very visible from a distance! Still gonna test again tomorrow and see if they get darker. I have 3 more cheapies and 1 more Answer. Hopefully I won't have to go out and buy more!

I actually had a dream last night that I was pregnant. I have had weird dreams about pregnancy but it is usually everyone telling me I am pregnant but I just don't believe it or I have a baby and people say it's mine but I know it's not. This time I was not questioning it at all and I was sooo happy in the dream. We'll see. If I'm not this time then I will not ever believe it until I see proof on an u/s!!!

mrs62610 replied to mrs62610's response:
I still have no idea!! I took more tests this morning and the DT test was darker but...... I took another Answer brand and from a distance it looked the same as yesterday's but if I stared at it it looked slightly lighter than yesterday! Agggghhhh! I would think that if it was the booster it would have gotten much lighter faster but who knows. I have tried to test out the triggers before and they are gone pretty quick for me because I have never been able to pick them up on a test. Anyway, wait, wait, and wait some more!!

booklvr04 replied to mrs62610's response:
lurking from PAIF Grad...

I've been following your posts!! This cycle sounds so promising! Can't wait to hear your beta numbers!! Many prayers!!

mrs62610 replied to booklvr04's response:
Thank you I need some prayers!! I'm just worried about one being lighter and one darker! I don't know what to think! DH says I'm being very obsessive compulsive right now! 3 more days until I know 100%!

booklvr04 replied to mrs62610's response:
It's so hard not to obsess when you are going through treatment. Even after I found out I was pregnant I took my temperature everyday to make sure it was still high... and then my husband hid the thermometer. Hoping the weekend passes quickly for you! And, try not to worry about the darkness of the line! A line is a line!!!!! And all PG tests are different!
Emily - After 4 failed IUI's we got a surprise BFP the cycle before IVF! Alexander Edward arrived September 1, 2010

mrs62610 replied to booklvr04's response:
Hahahaha that's funny your DH hid the thermometer! Sounds like something mine would do!

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the darkness of the line if it wasn't for the hCG booster I had Sunday night. I just want to make sure it doesn't get lighter meaning a false positive. Oh well, I'll know for sure soon! Thanks for not saying "You're nuts! Stop testing!" Lol

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Well it all sounds promising! I hope those dreams are good signs and you aren't just phyching yourself out!

I will check back on Monday to see what your beta were! Fingers crossed!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

Susan1777 replied to mrs62610's response:
Lol, I don't think any woman on here would tell you to stop testing, unless we wanted to be cyber-slapped, lol, I think the OCD just comes w/ the infertile territory....only "control" we have in this whole game, lol. It's hard not to worry about the darkness of the line, but your urine can be more concentrated one day to the next, and although you could use the same brand and same box of tests, they could still come out w/ different darknesses using the same urine....just some of the fun I think the manufacturers like to play on us, lol. It sounds very, very promising if your booster was only 1/3 of the norm...10 days for the normal trigger to be safely gone, and you had your booster Sunday, right, so this morning was 5 days past that, so would think it would be gone by now. Definitely wish you great luck not totally obsessing w/ pee sticks this weekend, lol!!! And wishing you a good strong beta # for Monday!!

mrs62610 replied to Susan1777's response:
Cyber-slapped!!! Hahaha!

You said exactly what I was thinking about the time. I was looking up the half-life of the full-dose and divided it by 3 and did the math (I said I was obsessed!) and it should be mostly gone if not completely! I can't believe I was actually reading about the tests being different even amongst the same brand and box just yesterday (peeonastick.com) and I still couldn't help but worry about it. Geez, I lose all sense of logical thought when I get excited, lol! Thanks for helping me come back to reality and get a grip on myself! I'm just scared to let myself get excited I guess.

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
I wouldn't put it past myself!! Lol

Thanks!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH-34 Me34 Tubes Tied after DD birth in 2007 IVF #1 8/11-Cycle Cancelled due to Premature Ovulation on Lupron IVF #2 10/11- 17 eggs, 13 embryos, 3dt, ...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.