Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
-HPT +Blood test
Nicole2929 posted:
Has anyone ever had a BFN HPT but a BFP on a blood test at the dr? I never had a blood test to confirm my last pregnancy so Im not sure if they are more accurate or not. I honestly feel pg, same symptoms I had with my daughter but I keep getting BFN. I had my first IUI Jan 24, have had symptoms daily and tomorrow is my betas and still BFN. Any insight would be terrific. Thanks ladies!

kkayvang responded:
Hi my name is Kaykay,
and I was reading through your posts on IUI. I'll be getting my first IUI soon too. Any suggestions or things to look forward to?
A little about me, I got diagnosed with PCOS in 2009. Been TTC for 3 years now. Did 3 rounds of clomid with no success. So we are finally doing Menupor with IUI. My first u/s was last Friday and it shows only one little egg on the left side a size 6 and nothing on the right. So my RE increased my dose and will be going in for another u/s on Tuesday. I'm hoping I have more eggs and follicles by then and can get the trigger shot going, if not then we'll increase meds again.
So did you ever find out about your pregnancy results? which was the true results the hpt? or blood work?
I look forward to hear from you and will follow you and your journey!
-Kaykay

att76 replied to kkayvang's response:
KayKay, I have had 7 IUIs (3 with clomid, 4 with Letrozole/Femara) usually the doc will put you on one of these drugs to help produce more eggs. My biggest complaint about IUI was the procedure itself. It didn't hurt, but was just uncomfortable, kind of like a pap smear. I had minimal cramping afterwards, but just didn't like them in general.

DH and I have been trying for over 2 years and are moving on to IVF in April. I am 37 so I am hoping this is the final stage in ttc!!

Good luck! Let me know how it all goes.
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are 33 and took 2-3 years to conceive our son. We have unexplained infertility. Now, we are trying to conceive a second child. So far...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.