Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Failed IUI - severe menstrual cramps
JosieMo posted:
My husband and I have been tty for 2 years and just completed our first IUI. I got my period today and am having severe cramping; the vomiting/lying on the floor kind. Is this a rxn to hormones from clomid and the trigger shot? Is this normal?

att76 responded:
I have had 7 IUIs and NEVER had any of those symptoms when AF showed (vomiting). I did have severe cramps but it was because of endo and polyps, not from the drugs. Could it be the flu?
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

perry147 responded:
Are you sure your not pregnant? Spotting and bleeding happened to me when I got pregnant on a med cycle, I also thought my period started and when I went to the RE on my first day of cycle to start another drug cycle but was told I was pregnant. The hpt was negative by the way. Hope this helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have two beautiful daughters, from my first marriage. I have been battling endometriosis since I was in my teens and was (finally) diagnosed in 2002...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.