Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Just had 3 day transfer
Jenwall posted:
I was on these boards many years ago and it's my first time back. I wanted thoughts opinions on my transfer. We just finished our first IVF cycle due to my husband have a vasectomy in a previous marriage. We had our retrievals on Thursday, got lots of good sperm and 9 good quality eggs. Our chances were very good at fertilization. However on Friday they called with our results. 4 were immature and did nothing, 4 were very slow growing polar bodies. There was a chance they would continue to divide but unlikely, and we had 1 good embryo. We were crushed, we wanted some to freeze in case it didnt work. I should mention we did IVF with ICSI. They called 24 hrs later and said that there were no change in the slow 4 and we would do a 3 day transfer yesterday. I was majorly bummed. We went yesterday got all prepped and were off to the room. Our dr walked in with somewhat good news...we had our one "good" 6 1/2 almost 7 cell and for some crazy reason one of "slow" 4 took off and started growing. It went from 21/2 to a 51/2 over night. Our Dr told us there would be a small chance it would have a genetic problem and suggested testing if we got a positive test. However, he said he felt it was just slower because it looked good. He wanted to transfer BOTH to up our chances. My husband and I literally had 30 seconds to decide. We threw caution to the wind and decided to transfer both. We really didnt get a grade. Our clinic doesn't grade day 3 embryos, they concentrate on quality of them and number of cells on Day 3 instead of a letter grade. However he did say if he had to grade them he would say one was a good B and the other a C. So now we sit and wait. My question is what do you think the likely hood of a BFP is with two embryos neither of which is perfect. I've been told it only takes one perfect one. Well we have 1 pretty good and one ok. I'm trying to stay positive and stay off of the Internet but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks so much!

att76 responded:
First of all...good luck! I am not an expert on IVF or about anything that you have said about the transfer, but I would say your chances are just as good with two as they would be with one! I know that sounds pretty stupid, but I hope you know what I mean. I would not stress over any of it and be grateful you had at least one to transfer. Having the second one was a good sign to me.

I will be starting the IVF process in April (probably in the next week or so once AF shows). I am excited yet nervous. I have been trying since November of 2010 and have had no luck. I am 37 and feeling the clock tick tocking away!

In the meantime stay busy and try not to stress to much about everything! Keep me posted.
Me 37, DH 38, TTC 2 years, hopefully starting IVF in April 2013

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for 3 years, started infertility workup after 1 year. Can't find anything wrong with me or DH, other than a 1 slightly low progesterone level....More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.