Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
New here, looking for advice
Amb711 posted:
Hey everyone.

I'm new on here and I'm looking for words of advice or just some encouraging words.

I'm 23, and have been married for two years. I was diagnosed at 18 with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I am about to start my fourth round of Clomid, and it doesn't seem to be working. This time we've had to up the dosage. I haven't ovulated yet. I'm worried that I may be "broken" and can't have kids. I was just wondering if anyone on here has had luck with Clomid this far into it, and if you have any advice for me and my husband?

Thanks!

Moepa232 responded:
YOu are not "BROKEN"!! We tried for 9 years and heard everything from you could be an egg donor without fertility drugs to having my tubes removed because of an infection that no one ever caught. We are on day 3 of injections for our first round of IVF. It took me a long time to get over the "I AM BROKEN" syndrome, especially when everyone around me is having kids. And asking when we are going to have kids. I would not do a 4th round of Clomid, I would check into IUI or IVF. Best wishes for success!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (39), DH (39) , RM but starting IVF very soon.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.