Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
starting ivf and confused and concerned
crstratton posted:
Hi, I had my saline ultrasound yesterday and Dr said it looked pretty good but my uterus is so far tipped back that it's almost upside down. He said this shouldn't be an issue but it seems odd to me. We are doing IVF because I have one son with hemophilia and had a very rough pregnancy with him, bed rest, threatened miscarriage, and multiple other issues, and have had multiple miscarriages. 1 prior to my son after trying for over a year, then 1 in 2011 after trying for a year and then 1 this past January after trying for another year. My dr suggested doing IFV because then we can test for the condition or do gender selection before transfer as he thinks my immune system may be attacking male embryos. I have extremely high antibodies and when I do manage to get pregnant I have to take heparin and aspirin to help control it to have a chance of maintaining pregnancy. He set me up to start femara with my next cycle then said we'd do an ultrasound and egg retrieval. Everything I've read seems to say you're usually on several meds and femara usually only results in 1 follicle. So now I'm confused. What's standard? Should I be concerned? Sorry this is so long I'm just trying to wrap my head around it all and looking for advice

Moepa232 responded:
Did you get any advice or do any research about it? I am not sure. I started taking Menopur and Follistim 3 days ago and I as well am trying to wrap my head around everything I need to do. I wish you the best and hope things work out for you.

dipens responded:
sorry no idea about this. But one thing you can do just make stress free your mind. stress is very bad in pregnancy treatment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Charity (35), my DH B.D (34) has MF. Been trying to TTC for 4 years. First IVF/ICSI Feb' 10..BFN. Second IVF/ICSI Aug' 10 Ectopic, eme...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.