Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
progesterone after IUI
chantz310 posted:
Hey guys. I was prescribed progesterone after my IUI last thursday. ANd i am suppose to start today sunday. I went to the pharmacy and they would not fill the proscription until my doctor called. The pharmacy said she had never heard of taking it vaginally. SO...thank god i got my doctor on the phone she cleared that up so i could get them. Then when i went to pick them up i asked the pharmacist how do i do this how do i take it. SHE said honey i told you i have never prescribed this for vaginal use this is for oral use. So she had no advice for me. DO i have the right pill? Its a white pill oval shape 200mg capsule. I just put it up there is no applicator. Does this sound normal? i am looking and people seem to have suppositories, but that is not what i have. JUst wanted to check that i have the right thing. ANy advice would be helpful. Thank You.

LynnGrigs responded:
This is relatively late seeing as you posted this a week ago, but I believe you should have gotten an vaginal suppository instead of a pill. I started trying to conceive a couple of years ago, but then stopped. I believe it was progesterone that I received, and it was similar in look to any other suppository. I being specifically directed by my clinic as to where to find them because most places don't keep them on hand. I think you should see if there's someone you can see with experience in this regard. Sounds silly for a Dr. to provide a treatment plan that they're unfamiliar with. Good luck!

mrs62610 responded:
The pill and suppository is the same thing. It is soft, feels like a soft gel and is oval. I asked the same thing when I took it vaginally the first time. Yes, you just stick it up as far as you can with your finger. Don't worry, you will have a discharge with it but it won't just fall out. Good luck!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. Doing IVF. Egg Retrieval on 1/25, 1 Perfect 8 cell Embryo Transferred on 1/28! 1st Beta Feb. 11th!!

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been together since February 2006. We officially tied the knot on October 3, 2010. We have been TTC our first child since the spring of ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.