Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Someone Please Help!
mrslschwartz408 posted:
I need some help. If anyone can provide ANY sort of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated by both me and my husband.

Thank you for reading my entire story. It truly means a lot and I could really use as much positive advice as you might be able to provide.

I am not certain as to whether or not you are a medical professional, but I assume that you might have more knowledge with this stuff than I do. I am married to a 33 year old man, and we have a beautiful two year old boy. We have been trying to have another baby for the past year, and I have had two pregnancies within the year that have both resulted in miscarriages at 7 weeks. I have been fully investigated by a reproductive endocrinologist and had all of the necessary testing done. I have been completely cleared and told that I have not a single thing wrong with me. However, have been on clomid for the past 5 months due to my dr trying to increase my chances of conception. Everything has been perfect -- multiple follicle stimulation, even while I continue and have not had a problem with ovulating on my own ever. The dr could not understand why month after month I was not conceiving, with even having ultrasounds done and hcg injections guaranteeing ovulation. So, my dr started doing IUI and during that process, my husband had to give a semen sample. He performed this in the doctors office. When my dr saw the specimen under the microscope, he came to the conclusion as to why u wasn't getting pregnant. All of the sperm in my husbands sample were dead. He performed the IUI but told me that there was probably no possibly of it resulting in a pregnancy. He immediately recommended for my husband to have a semen analysis done. He did this a week later.

The results came back to my doctor and they were absolutely horrifying. The diagnosis from the analysis was something called NECROZOOSPERMIA. The diagnosis stated that all of my husbands sperm was dead within the analysis. My dr also confirmed this when he re did the IUI again this past month.

I made my husband an appointment to see a urologist. Actually he has seen two now. Haha. The first one that he went to had absolutely no idea what that diagnosis was and had no way of helping him. The second one was bewildered himself, however at least told us that he would attempt to find out what the problem is.

I am just at a loss here. I don't know what else to do. What bothers me the most is that I was just pregnant 6 months ago! So he must have had SOME living sperm to have gotten me pregnant. It just makes no sense as to HOW he could have become sterile in 6 months time. He doesn't use drugs, doesn't even drink alcohol, doesn't use steroids, or take any sort of medications. He doesn't work near radiation and has had no chemotherapy. He has had no trauma or injury either. It just makes no sense to me. SOMETHING is causing these sperm to be dead in the ejaculate. And it just happened because how would I have a child and then gotten pregnant so many times if he didn't have sperm that was at least functioning at some point?

I don't know what else to do. I can't afford IVF and I don't even know if that would work. I just don't get it.

If you could provide me with any advice or assistance, I would be more than grateful. And if you can't, then just being there and listening to me would be great as well. I don't have anyone to talk about this with because my family are firm believers that "everything happens for a reason" and this is Gods way for me. I refuse to believe that because even though my faith in God is very strong, I want to be happy and I absolutely need for my son to have a sibling.

Thank you so much for your help with this. I really appreciate it and would truly appreciate any sort of help you might be able to provide

Hope to hear from someone soon!

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH(33) TTC 3years 5 cycle clmd failed (1st) IVF/ICSI in March (indecisive).

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.