Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
NEED ADVICE PLEASE!
therite1 posted:
Hello, my 24 year old daughter has been in severe pain for over 3 years now and was just recently diagnosed with mobile kidney, hers in not only fallen but also moved in front of her liver. We are so far unsuccessful in finding a surgeon who is experienced with the nephropexy surgery necessary to fix the problem that has had any success. Can any one on here please point us toward a surgeon in the United States that can do it? (Especially the western United States, but at this point, we'll take any state) Thank you

Take the Poll

Have you had successful nephropexy, if so, where?
  • Yes, in the U.S.
  • Yes, Out of the country
  • Surgery was unsuccessful
vote
View Poll Results

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm sorry to hear about your daughters pain but having a diagnosis must be a relief!

The WebMD Terms & Conditions prohibit members from recommending specific doctors but we do have a physician's directory here: WebMD Physician Finder

You might want to check with a Kidney foundation - they might have a referral to a specific doctor who can help.

Best of luck to you and your family! I hope you find a surgeon quickly!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single woman, never married with a siamese cat named tika who is 4 (he is my son!). I am a breast cancer survivor (rads ended 4/2) and currentl...More

Helpful Tips

contrast dye and polycystic kidney disease
Please do not have a CT scan with contrast dye if you have polycystic kidney disease. It is harmful and you can land up in the hospital ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.