Skip to content


Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
therite1 posted:
Hello, my 24 year old daughter has been in severe pain for over 3 years now and was just recently diagnosed with mobile kidney, hers in not only fallen but also moved in front of her liver. We are so far unsuccessful in finding a surgeon who is experienced with the nephropexy surgery necessary to fix the problem that has had any success. Can any one on here please point us toward a surgeon in the United States that can do it? (Especially the western United States, but at this point, we'll take any state) Thank you

Take the Poll

Have you had successful nephropexy, if so, where?
  • Yes, in the U.S.
  • Yes, Out of the country
  • Surgery was unsuccessful
View Poll Results
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm sorry to hear about your daughters pain but having a diagnosis must be a relief!

The WebMD Terms & Conditions prohibit members from recommending specific doctors but we do have a physician's directory here: WebMD Physician Finder

You might want to check with a Kidney foundation - they might have a referral to a specific doctor who can help.

Best of luck to you and your family! I hope you find a surgeon quickly!


Spotlight: Member Stories

I am experiencing pain in my left side after a grueling 12 hour drive. The car was not user friendly. Could this be a brusied kidney?

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.