Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Steinway 64
steinway64 posted:
It all started with a bladder infection on 6/6/12. I was treated with cipro (Positive for e.coli) 500 for 3 days, which I took as directed. In the meantime, I was on vacation and got a bad flu virus (cough, the whole 9 yards). It was hard to tell where my fever was coming from. I have been weak ever since, and the infection never left. My urine began to get pussy, I began to not be able to go much at all and my back kills me. My urine is cloudy and smells bad. I have a fever of over 101-102 most of the time. I finally saw a Dr. yesterday, where I tested positive for a bladder infection, and he suspects a kidney infection. He also did a pelvic exam, where he though he saw fissures? What are they? I was not explained what they might have to do with my situation.. I am having alot of tests run and he put me on Keflex/pyridium. He wants to do a CT scan. Does this sound right?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 38 year old male who was recently diagnosed with a mobile kidney. My right kidney is fully mobile. When I am lying down it is where it should b...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.