Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney pain
An_246321 posted:
I have been having pains on mostly my left side (back) for about 3 months now. The pains are shooting and sometimes faint. The pains vary from lower to mid back, I know my body pretty well and am sure it is coming from my kidney. Is this something urgent? I have a hard time with being able to go the doctor, so if there is a simple solution to try like a cleansing treatment this would be very helpful!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
You need to see your doctor! Please make an appointment ASAP. Shooting pains are an indication that something is wrong.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32, soon 33 I have suffered with PKD and a cystic liver for over 10 years. I have what Doctors call a 'mutated form of PKD and Liver Disease&...More

Helpful Tips

contrast dye and polycystic kidney disease
Please do not have a CT scan with contrast dye if you have polycystic kidney disease. It is harmful and you can land up in the hospital ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.