Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney Problem
An_246802 posted:
Good Afternoon,

My dad is 58 yrs old he is suffering from BP from past one and half year, after consulting the docter 20 days ago we got to know dat his creatinine level is 4.4 and protien level is high moreover his kidney size is becoming small.Kindly suggest me what problem my dad is having and is it possible to cure by only medicine with out dialysis.

Regards

Bhagya

olampic responded:
awaiting for soon replay.Please

john-skpt responded:
The kidneys are slowly losing function; this may have been coming on for years and is just now being noticed. (Regular blood tests are really the only way to spot kidney failure in the very early stages, there are no physical symptoms.)

High blood pressure and/or diabetes are the two leading causes of kidney failure in the US.

At this point, the damage that has already taken place cannot be "fixed"; the thing to do is to try to keep it from getting worse: control blood pressure, manage diabetes, manage cholesterol, keep the heart and blood vessels in good shape.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with 31% kidney function due to chronic kidney disease about 6 weeks ago. I have been taking Zemplar, iron, and monthly calcium. I als...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.