Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney Stones
Gioia_Gioiosa posted:
I have Kidney stones about 4mm or so and am supposed to be straining for them. Now when I pee into a cup will I be able to see them in the urine, then strain for it r do I need to strain all of the urine through the paper stuff I have everytime?

frenchie_jfb responded:
I'm not an expert, but I think you would probably be able to see the 4mm stone if you passed it (in the strainer). I had an 8mm one, and not only did I feel it come out, but it was very clearly visible. 4mm is not that much smaller. Depends on what your doctor told you though. If you have more than one and he/she wants to collect all of them, you should keep doing it until you've caught them all!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 54, female. Right around 6 years ago I had a horrible time with kidney stones. I had lithotripsy 4 times within 18 months. I still have a lot...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.