Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Double Ureter
Patricta131 posted:
I am a 48yr old woman who was recently diagnosed with having a double ureter from one kidney & a single ureter on the other. Although I had a couple of UTI's when I was younger I don't have the problems like so many poor souls mention on here.
The only thing I do have is incontinence which I've had for the past 10 years.
My gynecologist thinks I have a tear in my bladder & was going to do surgery to have it fixed.
But would it be the double ureter causing the incontinence instead?
Thanks,

mrscora01 responded:
As far as I know (I'm a biologist, not a doc) there is no connection between a double ureter (a physical plumbing issue) with incontinence (neuro-muscular issue). My cousin gave me a kidney with a double ureter and neither one of us have had problems.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 38 year old male who was recently diagnosed with a mobile kidney. My right kidney is fully mobile. When I am lying down it is where it should b...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.