Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney stones
jbailey1951 posted:
I am a 61 year old fairly healty female, just about 2-3 months ago I stated to experince some discomfort in my right kidney, went to see my doctor and was told that it might be my new insulin (I am a diabetic). As time went on the pain got so bad I had to call 911 for help, I went to see a urologist and was told that I had a hugh kidney stone which would require surgery. I had a tube put through my back into the kidney to try and break up the hugh mass that was on 9-28-12. I went to see my urologist and was told that she has to do another surgery (schuelded on 10-4-12) because there are 2 more stone masses at the top and bottom of that same kidney. She also stated that she doesn't know what these stones are, they are soild on the outside, but are mushy on the inside and has the consistances of a sponge. I am scared to death, has anyone ever experince this?

J Bailey

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 years old, have 2 beautiful children, 4 resuced kitties, and just remarried to a wonderful man. I have been very sick and unable to work since...More

Helpful Tips

FLUID INTAKE AND CKD.
If I have CKD, should I limit my fluid intake, or increase it ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.