Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Living with MSK
msksufferer posted:
I have bilateral MSK, stage 2 CKD, white blood cells & protein in urine. Some water retention in ankles and feet. Meds include: Pot Chloride, Hydroclorothorizide and Amiloride for kidney. Also take Synthroid for Hashimoto's syndrome. Get low Vit D counts, so on 400 mg D3 (lowered due to too much calcium in urine). Usually run and walk 3 times a week and eat well, low protein diet. Cholesterol and blood pressure were issues in past. I am a 42 yr old female and diagnosed about 12 yrs ago. I had a kidney balloon and basket removal of stones on one kidney at age 19, before I had MSK. I have not been passing too many stones (even though shows on scans) until the past year or so. Now I pass small particles and have a lot of mucus every day. I am in pain daily (flank and front), have trouble sleeping through pain, am nauseated and get dizzy. I do not get a fever or infections. I do drink a lot of h20. Would basket surgery help my pain and mucus passing stop for a while? What other questions should I be asking my nephrologist?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband had an ultrasound in 2009, at the VA, that showed mulitple cysts and hydronephrosis in left kidney. Abnormal follow up was requested, but n...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.