Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney Stones constantly
sistersan6205 posted:
My husband is 52 years old and has been battling recurrent kidney stones for the last 21 years. He has had so many that we have lost count. His urologist has changed medicines and nothing seems to help. He has had 5 during the month of September. He has had so many lithotripies over the years and I fear the damage this is causing to his kidneys. Is there anyone else out there with this problem and if so, would you please share anything that has helped you. Thanks you so much.

dzavras responded:
My story too. I have had 23 stones and 6 removals in the last 30 years. I have been stone free for the last 3 years now due to recent kidney stone info. If you have 2 servings of citric acid daily it will dissolve calcium oxilate stones. I have lemon in water 2 times a day. There are even bottled water and drinks with citric acid. Check labels and good luck with the new info.

ladydi265 replied to dzavras's response:
I am 66 yrs old and have had stones in both kidney's for about 15 yrs. They tell me there is a mass of them in there but say anything about what to do about them. I am in no pain from them, but worry about the damage they might be doing. I started with stones 40 yrs ago and have had 2 surgerys for them . I have had a total of 15 times that have passed. Please tell me what to do about this problem?
Thank you, Diana

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single woman, never married with a siamese cat named tika who is 4 (he is my son!). I am a breast cancer survivor (rads ended 4/2) and currentl...More

Helpful Tips

QUESTION
MY DAUGHTER WAS JUST DIAGONSED WITH KINDEY FAILURE LAST YEAR SHE IS ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD AND I WAS WONDERING SHE HAS A BACTERIAL INFECTION IS ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.