Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Post Kidney Stone Incontinence
bczee posted:
I had a large kidney stone in my bladder removed Friday 10/5/12. Sunday morning 10/7/12 when getting out of bed, I had some urine leak out. Is this common and will it correct itself? Thanks for any input.

john-skpt responded:
I'm going to assume that it was removed via a cystoscope. In that case, it's likely that the scope and the stone (on the way out) slightly distended the urinary sphincter muscles, and that might correct itself after a short while.

Still, I'd report this to the doc that did the stone removal, just to get his opinion: it's not impossible to 'tear' those small muscles. Depending on what is actually going on, it might take a lot more time, or it might require intervention to correct it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello i'm a 23year old young woman from Texas. I had my last kidney transplant in June 2006 has been successful with no complications. This was my...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.