Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
water problems
storm69247 posted:
for the past several months I have been experiencing a headache that is more like pressure in my head instead of pain after drinking any kind of fluids. my doctor says he doesnt believe it is from my kidneys but it only happens after drinking water or juice or something hydrating, i'm not dehydrated nor do I lack urine when I go to the bathroom I just get these headaches after drinking any kind if hydrating liquid. can someone tell me what this could be from?

john-skpt responded:
You need a doc to look carefully at it. It could be from electrolyte shifts in the system, thermoregulatory things, just a lot of causes.

How soon after does the headache start? How long does it last? Is the onset gradual or sudden?

You might try sipping things slowly over an hour or two rather than guzzling a glass of liquid.

storm69247 replied to john-skpt's response:
have and thats the only way I seem to be able to drink anything without getting the headaches, the headaches usually start about an hour after drinking anything if I don't make what i'm drinking last a while depending on the amount and they it also depends on the amount as to how long the headaches last.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 54, female. Right around 6 years ago I had a horrible time with kidney stones. I had lithotripsy 4 times within 18 months. I still have a lot...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.