Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
low bp
Anon_12802 posted:
I have a severe Kidney Disease and my BP has been high for years..I take 3 differnt medications 2x a day.Am, metopolol 100mg, Taxtia, 125mg, and norvasc 5 mg..Pm.. Taxtia 125mg, lisinopril 10mg, metopolol 100mg...I have been on these for a few years now and my bp has been running around 125/70...Lately for the past couple weeks its has been really low to where i'm afraid to take my medication..110/58 was the last one and its time for my meds...Should i still take them, and why the change? Sorry for the spelling don't have the bottles with me..The only thing that has changed in my life is i retired from work..And it has pretty much started a little after that..

john-skpt responded:
I have occasional problems with low BP readings despite having high BP most of the time. (Taking clonidine, metoprolol, and ramipril.)

My doc advised me to take half a metoprolol at night (when my lows happen) if my BP read a bit low.

But you absolutely must get your doctor's OK before making such a change; the low BP might be caused by factors other than the meds, and we have no way of guessing what those might be.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 38 year old male who was recently diagnosed with a mobile kidney. My right kidney is fully mobile. When I am lying down it is where it should b...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.