Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney patients and Raspberry Ketone
bdjsu25 posted:
I have a question my mother has a kidney disease, But she is tryn to lose work out, and she has a new wieght lose stuff that she has bought calld RASPBERRY KETONE, and was wondering if anyone new if was alrite for her to take or not,.? If anyone knows please let me let me know thanks !!

john-skpt responded:
It sounds very cool and natural, but I think it is a load of junk.

1) It can be produced naturally, but regardless of what the label says, the natural distillate would be unbelievably expensive. You'd get less than 2 mg of the extract out of 3 or 4 pounds of raspberries. The last time I checked, raspberries were selling for about $16.00 per pound, so a 500 mg dose would cost about $4000.00.

2)The commercially sold version is a chemical combo of lye, acetone (varnish stripper), and hydroxybenzaldehyde. Yummy.

3) A few rat studies have show reduced body weight gain with a very high fat diet, but others have shown no difference at all.

It's a scam. Tell her to save her money, eat less fat, get more exercise, and quit looking for quick and easy shortcuts: they just don't exist.

mrscora01 responded:
I have seen a couple of postings on other websites where people experienced some significant side effects including tremors and rapid heart rate. Most of these weight loss supplements are a scam.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 54, female. Right around 6 years ago I had a horrible time with kidney stones. I had lithotripsy 4 times within 18 months. I still have a lot...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.