Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
kidney infections
blueslady117 posted:
Can men take levaquin for kidney infections without any side effects

john-skpt responded:
As far as I know, yes. Obviously there are always some chance of various side effects with any drug, but the most frequent ones are always listed in the patient info, and more fully in the "Full Prescribing Information".

http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/sites/default/files/pdf/levaquin.pdf#zoom=100 Long and very technical, but this is as complete as you can get.

If you have questions about some specific side effect, then ask about something in detail, since "side effects," as you can see, covers a whole lot of ground.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am experiencing pain in my left side after a grueling 12 hour drive. The car was not user friendly. Could this be a brusied kidney?

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.