Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney Stone
patties22 posted:
My son was taken to the ER with lower abdominal pain yesterday and diagnosed thru CT scan with a small seed sized kidney stone in his ureter. After being discharged he had a little vomiting when he had drank a Gatorade. He is on percocet and Flomax. Today the pain has traveled to the right lower back and whenever he tries to eat he throws up the food. Are these normal things associated with the kidney stones? He is 22 years old and this is his second stone in three years. He did not have the same symptoms the last time he had a stone. He said that he is finally urinating, where he wasn't able to yesterday. He said that the urine is normal color, no blood. His pain level is at about a 3 in his back. should I take him back to the ER for these new symptoms or are they normal?

Concerned Mom

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old mother of two young children. I was diagnosed after I had an emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. They diagnosed me with MSK...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.