Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Stage 4 Kidney Disease
JanelleJanaki posted:
I was diagnosed with IgA at 35 with 36% function. After 9 years, my GFR is 21%. It had dropped to 14% before but managed to stabilise at 20%. I am feeling tired and sleepy all the time the past one week. Why do I suffer from such so suddenly? My condition is worsening? Is someone in my same situation? What can be done to get rid of this fatigue? I am a divorcee and I need to work to support myself. Can somebody share please?

I am contactable at janaki2869@gmail.com

john-skpt responded:
It's somewhat unusual to see such a sudden shift in GFR, unless it is because some factor is causing inaccurate test results, things like dehydration, changes in medication, changes in blood pressure or blood volume.

I'd report the symptoms to your physician (hopefully a nephrologist) and maybe get the levels retested when you are certain that you are properly hydrated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with 31% kidney function due to chronic kidney disease about 6 weeks ago. I have been taking Zemplar, iron, and monthly calcium. I als...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.