Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
seasonal inflammation after transplant
An_250933 posted:
had a kidney/pancreas transplant and now have inflammation affecting the left side of my body from my foot up through my shoulder which seems to get worse in the spring and summer. transplant hosp says I am "complicated case". I am frustrated because it affects everything I want to do. I can't work or anything else which requires not sitting down. Is there something that I can do to bring down the inflammation during the spring and summer.

I have also heard that it may be possible to change from one transplant hospital to another for care. What are the guidelines to accomplish this?

mrscora01 responded:
Hi there. I am a PAK (pancreas after kidney). I have no experience with the sort of swelling that you mention. For the first year or so I did have some slight swelling on the side of my new kidney, but that went away. I hope you can find some resolution to this issue.

As for changing transplant center, I have not done this either, but know of some people who have. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Just find a new doc you like and have the records transferred. A good place to meet others like us is Transplant Friends. They have a kidney/pancreas board. Best of luck to you.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 54, female. Right around 6 years ago I had a horrible time with kidney stones. I had lithotripsy 4 times within 18 months. I still have a lot...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.