Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
kidney disease
choirdirector posted:
I have stage four kidney disease and our life is extremely social. Please give me the best choices when eating in restaurants. I think I am doing OK but need to hear what others do.

john-skpt responded:
It's hard to offer a general statement, since every patient is different and has different nutritional deficiencies and sometimes needs to restrict certain foods. Maybe ask your physician what your potassium levels are doing, also phosphorus and calcium. A lot of patients in later stages need to restrict intake of these things.

One thing that can safely be said for all renal patients: Think 'Heart Healthy'. Nearly all chronic renal disease is, at the root, vascular in nature. So anything that slows the deterioration of vascular condition can't hurt, and it might help a bit.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello i'm a 23year old young woman from Texas. I had my last kidney transplant in June 2006 has been successful with no complications. This was my...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.