Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Sweating
MIMi1004 posted:
I have damaged kidney's from birth. They inserted a Artificial Euretheal (SPELLING)? when I was 7. I am 43 now and about to get another one to replace the existing one. However my ? is ... I aweat under my arms alot in the last few years. Would this have anything to do with this? and what can I use that is safe for my kidney's to stop it?
Thank for any advise

john-skpt responded:
Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) is rather common, and has many causes. It can be due to autoimmune conditions, or something as simple as nervousness, medications, or something as difficult to diagnose as nerve or even brain injury. So it is quite hard to figure out.

It happens often in diabetics, mostly due to fluid overload, and fluid buildup might be the cause in your case. But I suspect that it could be due to other factors if you haven't noticed any swelling in feet or ankles.

Ask your physician, since that is the person who has all your recent medical history available.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 38 year old male who was recently diagnosed with a mobile kidney. My right kidney is fully mobile. When I am lying down it is where it should b...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.