Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Pain in the lower left back quadrant (kidney area) particularly when I sneeze.
Strange1 posted:
Pain in the lower left back quadrant (kidney area) particularly when I sneeze.

I just got back from a trip to Guatemala. The weekend back I did have a pretty big 'party' day with some friends in which there was quite a bit of drinking. When I woke up on Monday I felt a dull pain in this area of my back/kidney. I figured this was just due to the extra work I put on the kidneys with the drinking. Well, later that day I sneezed and the pain that shot through me from that area was debilitating. I literally had to just stop for a few seconds while the shock worked out of me. The 'ache' seemed to stick around for about 10-15 minutes. Now it seems I've been sneezing a few times a day and this pain shoots back through me each time.
I've been flushing myself with a lot of water and vitamins. I usually drink a minimum of 3 liters per day (I'm very active and work out 5x per week).
Also, turns out I did get a sore throat and a bit of an infection while I was away. I am on antibiotics which I started pretty quickly to head it off before it got too bad. The mucus is a bit thick and yellowish in color. I could feel the infection starting to spread from behind my nose down my throat - to the chest, but breathing is clear.

I take synthroid, advair and omeprazole.

Thoughts? ... (and I already know, so no need to repremand on the partying over the weekend)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Native to Colorado USA. Old farm boy. Married and have three kids, two married and one just about done with high school. Love to grow and photograph r...More

Helpful Tips

Support group for Kidney Disease.
Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed with Medullary Sponge Kidney 8 years ago.. recently I had joined a support group that has been great and I am ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.