Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
continuous kidney pain, both sides, no additional symptoms..
TheGander posted:
Hi,
I have been experiencing kidney pain for 4 days now. There are no additional effects like fever, fatigue, or loss of appetite or anything. I pee and pass out stool without any pain or problems. Played basketball for 3hrs this Saturday, and I feel normal. But the pain is there when I do any movement that brings my kidneys in contact with my insides (lower back, side, or front); the pain heightens when I push against the kidneys, and when I go to bed at night especially if I lay on my back.

I have experienced such pain in the past (>3months ago), but it went away in a couple of days. All I did was drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Doesn't seem to be working this time. Please, what could be wrong with me?

The only thing changing prior to experiencing it the first time was my diet. I have been consuming a lot of leaves, and drinking a lot of Alkaline water. Until today I had no idea that consuming dark green leafy veggies can contribute to kidney stones. Still, it worries me that I am not experiencing the other symptoms that come with kidney stones. Any information will help. Thank you kindly.

TheGander responded:
pain went away after I stopped using my new deodorant. See post below. Thanks

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with 31% kidney function due to chronic kidney disease about 6 weeks ago. I have been taking Zemplar, iron, and monthly calcium. I als...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.