Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Double Ureter in 3-year-old
slgonzal posted:
My daughter has had a double ureter on her right side at Stage 4 in both tubes since she was born. She was on Bactrim for almost a year, and she seemed to get better. Recently she was retested and still has Stage 4 in the right side of each Ureter and Stage 2 on the left. While on Bactrim she was still getting UTIs. She has been getting UTIs back to back, fever, stomach pains, vomitiing, et cetera.

Her doctor is giving us two options for corrective surgery. 1)Deflux gel 2.) or corrective surgery. Deflux gel is obvioulsy less invasive, but am worried that since she has a double ureter problem it will not be as successful as just having one because even though the Stage 4 might be reduced to a Stage 2, it would still really be a Stage 4 assumung both tubes reduce to a stage 2. So really it doesn't help with her situation. Can anyone help with what option is best recommened? I'm not just worried about her now, but also for future problems as an adult. Im trying to research options but not really getting anywhere.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

before birth my gr grandson was Dx with grade 5 reflux bilaterally since then he has had 2 VCUG and renal scans he is 19 months old now and no improve...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.