Skip to content


Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney or back? Help!
Juturna posted:
Okay so my mother has had a plethora of health issues and now we are here. She has been having extreme pain in what she describes in her middle left back but more towards the side, if that makes sense. Doctors did CT scans and recently an MRI, they have found nothing in the kidneys and thought maybe there was a tear in her muscle but saw nothing there, now it's to the point where she can't even stand up straight. They gave her pain meds but they do not help, they just turn her into a zombie. I'm at my wits end with this because she is constantly uncomfortable and they are sending her to a neurologist in a couple of weeks. I just need some advice, maybe some homeopathic remedies or even ideas of what it might be.

As for her health history, she had a mesh "hammock" placed in about a couple of years ago for her bladder, had a stint placed in one of her arteries in her neck and has had constant back issues, it's obvious that her back issues are from 30 plus years of factory work, and doctors keep sending her back to work but she always ends up getting sent home because she cannot lift anything. Recently they diagnosed her with Pleurisy and so far that seems to be gone but a lot of the pain that came with it is still there. So it's hard to find out where the source is coming from. The doctors thought that her issues were not severe enough to operate though we know they are. She has had blood in her urine as well. She's to the point of giving up, but I can't stand to see her in constant pain, any insight would be helpful!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Kidney Transplant recipiant two times around !! I found out at age 21,(Living related)thinking i pulled a something in my back.. that i was in ...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.