Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
kidney disease
An_251518 posted:
I have had elevated creatine levels for more than 10 years. My current level is 2.3. Can I use a low protein diet to help with my problem?

john-skpt responded:
Maybe, but do NOT try it without the advice of your nephrologist.

Some renal patients lose more protein to urine than others; if your serum albumin and total protein is already low, then it is easy to bring on fairly serious malnutrition by restricting dietary protein. And that just makes everything worse.

Some patients are advised to try a lowered protein diet, but for others it is really dangerous. Get your doctor's advice.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am experiencing pain in my left side after a grueling 12 hour drive. The car was not user friendly. Could this be a brusied kidney?

Helpful Tips

FLUID INTAKE AND CKD.
If I have CKD, should I limit my fluid intake, or increase it ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.