Mass In The Kidney
jackieym posted:
My dad of 56years, has got diagnosed with a mass in the kidney and is waiting for further test reults. I was wondering in the mean time if there is any special type of diet that will help this? I would really appreciate any advice.

john-skpt responded:
I'd suggest that you wait for the test results. There are a LOT of different types of renal 'masses' that are totally benign, and these are generally just left alone. Even if it turns out to be something that needs intervention, a diet won't really make a lot of difference. (If surgery is ever required, diet may become important at that point, but if he eats a generally healthy, heart-healthy diet, then that's about the best thing to do.)

Personally I try to limit all 'fake' or processed foods, most of them are just awful for your health. And I eat a LOT of fresh fruits and vegetables, and limit all meat sources.

But don't do anything drastic without the advice of your physician: it is easy to create electrolyte imbalances, and even minor malnutrition by trying fad or some wild special purpose diet.