Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
kidney pain
An_251752 posted:
I have had lower back pain for several days now..need some advice..on how to deal with back pain..

john-skpt responded:
It really depends on where it is (how low, how high, right or left, how far around, where does it start and end, etc.).

It's probably a strained muscle. It might be a renal stone that is moving down the urinary tract, but those pains tend to be really sharp and spasmodic, not continually achy.

You'll probably need to ask a doctor if it does not subside in another day or two. You might try tylnol/acetaminophen for a day to see if it helps the pain (I cannot suggest advil/ibuprofen or aleve/naproxen because these are potentially more dangerous for some patients.)

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.