Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
recent kidney problems
An_251968 posted:
recently i passed out at work.when i got home i was passing large blood clots.CAT scan showed renal pelvic "deformity",constriction of ureter(from previous kidney stone surgery?)cysts on my kidney and pancreas.have passed blood since.now a year later i have flank pain and problems with fatigue,weight loss,appetite,etc.no insurance.have filed for disability for un- related condition.have enlarged liver and spleen.recent stomach surgery(nesson fundiplication)that needs revised(gastric bypass)chronic abdominal pain and depression.also have COPD.kidney problems are worrisome.any helpful info or advice?

john-skpt responded:
Since there are a number of conditions going on that all need to be considered in light of all the others, it's impossible to offer a lot of advice over the internet.

I can tell you to be constantly aware of the blood loss in urine: it's quite easy to lose enough to drop your blood counts, blood pressure, and overall oxygenation of the body. So move slowly, get up from a lying or sitting position very slowly, or you might faint or pass out again, potentially injuring yourself in a fall.

A doc needs to monitor your BP (sitting and standing) and your hematocrit/hemoglobin levels regularly.

Also be aware that at times the blood clots in urine can totally block the ureter; that can get very painful all of a sudden, and may require emergency treatment,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 38 year old male who was recently diagnosed with a mobile kidney. My right kidney is fully mobile. When I am lying down it is where it should b...More

Helpful Tips

QUESTION
MY DAUGHTER WAS JUST DIAGONSED WITH KINDEY FAILURE LAST YEAR SHE IS ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD AND I WAS WONDERING SHE HAS A BACTERIAL INFECTION IS ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.