Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
high Creatinine
Anon_12802 posted:
How can my creat be 2.78 and all other labs normal? bun was alittle elevated at 30. Normal for bun is 12-26 creat 00-1.10..I do have a Kidney disease, but i thought as your Kidneys fail your labs are changing also..

mrscora01 responded:
Yes, your labs do change. But it is not a uniform process. I became anemic quite early, but my potassium stayed normal. My damaged kidneys were ok for filtering some things, but other things didn't work so well. That's why you have to have labs on a regular basis and why changes in your diet are based on labwork. I didn't have to give up phosphorus (dairy) until quite late in the process, but had to give up high potassium foods much earlier.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Kidney Transplant recipiant two times around !! I found out at age 21,(Living related)thinking i pulled a something in my back.. that i was in ...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.