Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Ceratinine 4.6
An_252634 posted:
Hello

Would please , let me know what happened that my mom kidney ceratinine goes up sudenly from 3.6 into 4.6 .

Thanks Fera

mrscora01 responded:
I'm sorry to tell you that this is the nature of kidney disease. The levels can jump suddenly. What does her kidney doctor think has happened? Has she had an appointment since the results came in?

Cora

john-skpt responded:
You probably want to follow the number over a longer span of time. If it went from 3.6 to 3.6 and the next time comes back down to 3.6 or thereabout, the 4.6 might have been a fluke: dehydration, medications, diet, a lot of things. If it stays at 4.6 or increases from that, then that may be the new "floor" and so you may not see anything lower in the future.

It's not great to see a sudden spike in the numbers, but sometimes renal disease takes sudden turns for the worse.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello i'm a 23year old young woman from Texas. I had my last kidney transplant in June 2006 has been successful with no complications. This was my...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.