Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
gitelman syndrome
13barron69 posted:
When I was 21 years of age I started getting sick I would have to be admitted to the hospital with low potassium and magnesium the dr tested me for kidney stones, I would have high blood pressure and high temperatures they would pump me full of potassium and 10 minutes later it would be gone at that time they said I had a potassium definitioncy. It took a year to diagnose me with gitelman's syndrome, fibromyalgia and ptsd. I experienced extreme tiredness and pain all over my body I started seeing a pain management doctor and they put me on oxycodone 5 mg up to 30 mg three times a day in a three year spand. I also take potassium and magnesium and xanax it's been about 5 years I am now having Hart problems high blood pressure and low blood pressure I did suffer from Hart failure a couple of months ago this disease sucks really bad im alwAys in pain I will take medicine for the rest of my life.....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 years old, have 2 beautiful children, 4 resuced kitties, and just remarried to a wonderful man. I have been very sick and unable to work since...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.