Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
had my gall bladder removed last year. Does this have anything to do with kidneys?
mamimarya posted:
Last November my gal bladder was very large and full of stones. The doctor that saw me, did emergency surgery the next day because it was so bad. Since this operation I cant eat anything greasy or fried. I also have been having kidney infections almost every week. They will give me antibiotics and after I take the prescription up, a few days later, I have another infection. Does the fact, I had my gall bladder removed, give me the frequents kidney infections? Thank you for any information about this.

Marya

john-skpt responded:
I can't see any DIRECT connection between gallbladder and kidney infections.

Has anyone does an actual urine culture to identify if, and what type, or bacteria is present? Or do they just diagnose an infection based on symptoms?

I can think of a lot of reasons that the gallbladder surgery might cause pain that could easily mimic a kidney infection. (Without there really be an infection there at all.)

It would be good to know exactly what tests have been done, and exactly what was found, and also what symptoms cause you to suspect an infection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single woman, never married with a siamese cat named tika who is 4 (he is my son!). I am a breast cancer survivor (rads ended 4/2) and currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.