Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Post Kidney Infection
xnet1 posted:
My brother was told that he had a post kidney infection called "germuroli" (may be spelled incorrectly). The information was obtained from a kidney biopsy.

Can anyone help me understand this?

mrscora01 responded:
Sorry, but I googled that term and got nothing. Could you check with your brother and get the correct name of what he has?

john-skpt responded:
I think that there might be some confusion with what the doc said.

I'm betting that the term mentioned was "glomeruli", but these are functioning parts of the kidney, not infectious organisms.

I can't quite understand what an infection would have to do with a biopsy, but it's possible I guess. Infection is normally diagnosed by a urine culture (or rarely a tissue culture). Biopsy generally looks at microscopic structural changes to the kidneys.

See if the doc can clear all this up. I'm sure that the doc at least dictated a clinical note for the files, but they usually don't give these out to patients unless you ask for a copy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.