Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Renal Onocytoma
ccrosthwaite54 posted:
Has anyone out there dealt with a renal onocytoma?
I was diagnosed with a mass on my left kidney last May. The mass is 4.5 centimeters in size. My urologist had a biopsy performed and it was determined to be benign.
In December my urologist had a second CT scan with contrast done to confirm that the mass hasn't changed in size. He told me he planned to monitor the mass closely.
At this point we are waiting to see if it does grow.
My doctor told me that these are nasty types of tumors because they look and act like kidney cancer and they can mask it.
I've read that a lot of times these types of tumors are just removed, but my urologist doesn't want me to have surgery unless it's really needed.
I trust my urologist, but would love to hear about others that have had to deal with these types of tumors.
Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 years old, have 2 beautiful children, 4 resuced kitties, and just remarried to a wonderful man. I have been very sick and unable to work since...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.