daughter with continuous kidney infections and pain
ssanders44 posted:
My daughter is now 19 and for the past two to three years has been to the dr and ER for kidney infections and severe pain. They give her medicine and it used to get better for maybe a week. This last time she was in they said they were going to give her the strong meds... and it is not helping. I have taken her to a urologist (they couldnt find anything)and she has been to a kidney dr in phoenix. She said they just look at her like she is crazy that she has so many. She drinks lots of water. i am just frustrated as i hate to see her in pain and am very worried of the long term effects of having this for so long. Can someone please give me some advise as it seems drs cant find anything.

john-skpt responded:
Is anyone sure that this is a urinary infection causing the pain, and not something like pelvic inflammatory disease? Has anone done a urine CULTURE, not just a dipstick analysis? What does her gyn say about the recurrent pain?

The ER docs seem to be treating something that might not actually be there.

ssanders44 replied to john-skpt's response:
It started out a couple years ago with what we thought and the doctor that it was a UTI but now seems to have moved to her kidneys. i am not sure if they have done a culture. in feb she had a urine test done and her protein was 1 abnormal WBC 6-10 Abnormal and calcium, serum was 10.4 high. i am not a doctor so i dont know what that all means and the doctor did not explain to her that her tests were abnormal but just gave her meds. She went to gyn. They couldnt find anything abnormal.

beckyrae1 responded:
Has she been checked for kidney stones? I have had tons of utis ( or diagnosed as such) take antibiotics and fine for a few weeks and then back pain nausea and such kick in. I've had 20 or more in 2 years. I just found out I have kidney stones. Big ones. I was a little upset no one tested me for this sooner as I didn't have the typical symptoms of uti. Recently found out what I had been experiencing was renal colic. Maybe similar situation?