Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
whiz bang bammers kidney stones only in slo mo
7527patc posted:
Wel as is obvious i'm new and i pass wierd kidney stones but not too often. usually some mild pain in lower rt or left quadrant for that kidney some times both .Ok so I know drink plenty of water and fluids but like today had to go on a road trip ok different Dr. or I could ask her . well back to subject i'm also having a harder than usual time making my urine. no really bad burning either . i'm just occasssionallly pass these whiz bang short amount amount of pain at the end nasty urine and of course your at home and nothing to catch,filter or save with. but go to Dr usual kidney infection and some red cell,white cellls and bacteria seen. But I'm telling ya I passed a earlier. well the end

missysimba responded:
If you are having problems urinating there could be a stone blocking ureter. You need to have it checked out at a doctors office or the ER. My husband passed 3 huge stones ( the doctors could not believe he was able to pass them) & 2 small stones in one week. He was feeling better but when he went to our doctor & told her, she had him go in for a ct scan. The scan showed a 12 mm stone blocking his ureter. We are trying to get him into a surgeon a.s.a.p. We know he can't go to long because it could result in kidney damage or kidney shutting down. He has had 9 surgeries 2 through the back, 3 up the penis & the rest shattered & then had to pass all of the fragments. Please don't wait but get to your doctor & have it checked out.

missysimba responded:
Hi whiz - I wrote before but I wanted to tell you that you can also drink plenty of lemonade.! It is also very good at helping to pass the stones. Also you can take some Azo to help with the spasms. Make sure that you that you don't have a kidney infection though. If you take the Azo it could cover up an infection so make sure you find out if it's just stones or an infection. Good Luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I went into the hospital on 4/5/10 for the removal of a large cyst on my right kidney (18 centimeters). The doctor inserted a prob up through the blad...More

Helpful Tips

contrast dye and polycystic kidney disease
Please do not have a CT scan with contrast dye if you have polycystic kidney disease. It is harmful and you can land up in the hospital ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.