Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Dialysis and nuts
Red_N_Yelllow_Roses posted:
My father was put on dialysis a few months ago and i was wondering if he can still have nuts? some people say no and others say no.

John-SKPT responded:
Ot depends on his blood levels of various things: not everyone retains the same amounts of the same chemicals. Peanust are relatively high in potassium (but peanuts aren't really nuts they are legumes); Pecans are about 1/3 lower in potassium. Different nuts and drupes have differeing contents of things. So probably you need to discuss it with the nutritionist at the dialysis center. That person will have his current lab results and can make some safe judgments.

Red_N_Yelllow_Roses responded:
ty

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

QUESTION
MY DAUGHTER WAS JUST DIAGONSED WITH KINDEY FAILURE LAST YEAR SHE IS ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD AND I WAS WONDERING SHE HAS A BACTERIAL INFECTION IS ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.