Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
stones cause enlarged lymph nodes??
timpdg208 posted:
My husband went in to have a CTscan on his kidneys after repeated pain from kidney stones. Today they called and said he had a stone (as we thought) but that he has swollen lymph nodes around his colon. They did not seem really worried about it (they said he would get a referral for a colonoscopy in 7-10 days). Is this something we should be worried about? He is only 31 years old, but he does have a family history of colon issues. Is there anything else that could cause these nodes to be swollen? I am freaked out and need some answers. JT

John-SKPT responded:
I don't immediately see any connection between kidney stones and enlarged lymph nodes (unless there is some significant infection caused by the stones, and that infection/inflammatory process is causing the lymph nodes to swell. That's a really remote chance but I suppose it might be possible.) So this is probably a separate issue that just happens to be going on at the same time. I hope that everything goes well, and that you get some good answers soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am experiencing pain in my left side after a grueling 12 hour drive. The car was not user friendly. Could this be a brusied kidney?

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.