Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
negative vcug but dr still thinks reflux
An_206662 posted:
negative vcug but dr still thinks reflux. waiting for PIC cystogram. anyone have false negative on vcug?

chelkington responded:
I just had a negative VCUG, but I think it is a false negative. I also have to wait to get my cystogram done in a couple weeks. My previous urologist diagnosed me when I was younger and then believed I still had it last year, since he saw fluid in my kidney through ultrasound and bc of the fact that I've had probably 15 kidney infections in the last year and a half. I actually am waiting for a call back from him to see what he thinks about it. From what I've read false negatives are very rare but not impossible. It should be a blessing to hear that I do not have reflux but I was hoping we had figured out the culprit of all my infections and could fix it, so now I feel back to square one. Hopefully the cystogram will solve both of our inquiries.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Native to Colorado USA. Old farm boy. Married and have three kids, two married and one just about done with high school. Love to grow and photograph r...More

Helpful Tips

FLUID INTAKE AND CKD.
If I have CKD, should I limit my fluid intake, or increase it ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.