Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
CT scan with contrast dye and polcystic kidney disease
Tikasiamese posted:
My Primary Dr has ordered me a CT scan with contrast dye. I have been doing much research on the subject and after reading this and getting informed info from my nurse educators at my hospital system I work at, I have been told that under no circumstances am I to do the contrast dye because it could be extremely harmful with the kidneys. So, I cancelled the CT scan yesterday but will meet with the urologist next week to go over my next steps. I would rather be informed by a urologist or nephrologist about my PKD than my primary. I know she ment well but she does not know the affects of the contrast dye and kidneys. My gfr is still in the 40's and I don't want to be sent to the hospital for a week and have my health be at risk.

Thanks for letting me vent. Jen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am experiencing pain in my left side after a grueling 12 hour drive. The car was not user friendly. Could this be a brusied kidney?

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.