Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Spot found on kidney on CT Scan of abdomen/pelvis area
deniseek posted:
Hi...I suppose this is how people start to drive them selves mad when a test comes up abnormal at the doctors. So here I go...(going to stay positive no matter what)...I had a CT scan on Monday, 12/27..Wednesday I was called by my doc and she said she got my results from CT scan..there was a small spot on one of my kidneys. She said she is concerned as my lymph nodes in my groin area have been swollen for the last month or so. So she is referring me to a Urologist. She has also referred me to a Hematologist which was before the CT scan was done..as my blood labs are looking kinda wacky...anemia looking problems she suspects. So I have an appt on 1/3 with the Hematologist and am waiting for the urology department to call me. I am having this done at the VA Medical Center as I have no other insurance. I have read several postings on "spots on kidneys" etc. and symptoms and can't help but be scared out of my mind. Especially as I have horrible night sweats, lost about 90 pounds in the past 2 years and I have some sort of anemia going on. Tired and cold all the time. Doctor says the spot is very small and she thinks its probably a cyst..but I can't help wondering if its more. I will post again when I find out any more relavent test results. Hopefully by posting my ongoing story may help someone else out there who is experiencing similar situation. Thanks for listening (or reading I should say).

john-skpt responded:
Hope that you get more info soon.

If it turns out to be a cyst, that generally a good sign. Most simple cysts are just left alone, and cause no trouble at all. In the days before ultrasound and CT and MRI, a lot of people had simple renal cysts and never knew it.

tere01 responded:
I know this is an old post, but what was the result.

mrscora01 replied to tere01's response:
Tere01, I'm sorry to say that the OP only posted the once and never again and that was 4 years ago. I doubt you'll get an answer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i have just been diagnosed with kidney disease(Interstitial Nephritis)i also suffer from CFS/ME ,i am aged 50yrs work as a support worker part time,go...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.