Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Kidney air pockets
robinmcdonald9010 posted:
My sister is 36 weeks pregnant with her first child and her OB told her today that her very small baby showed air pockets in his kidneys during her ultrasound but wouldn't tell her anything else. Of course she is thinking all the worst things and paranoia is setting in. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I have searched everywhere and can't find anything on air pockets in the kidney.

John-SKPT responded:
I've run across this symptom in adult, and the areas are generally the result of infection by specific strains of bacteria.

But like you I have never run into this in a prenatal/neonatal case.

She should demand more detailed information from the OB.

mchawkins53 responded:
Is it a boy or girl? Look into renal reflux in prenatal care. Just a hunch........

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Kidney Transplant recipiant two times around !! I found out at age 21,(Living related)thinking i pulled a something in my back.. that i was in ...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.