Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
My CT scheduled for tomorrow (4th Round of Kidney Stones)
ksm020968 posted:
Morning all. Well this will be my 4th CT in as many years. 2 surgeries 1 with extreme after pain the othern not so bad. Worried about this one. Urine is really dark and smells strong (I know TMI). Am drinking over a gallon of water a day. I can feel the stone upper right side just below the ribs. Assuming it is a big stone that is stuck in my kidney at the entrance to the tube. Been in pain for 3 weeks now. I just want it out. My question to anyone is can a kidney stone cause bloody stools? Not horrible but I do have a little blood.

Kim

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ksm020968,

I am sorry you are in pain and hope you find relief soon. WebMD has a Kidney Health Center that gives you symptoms of kidney stones that include:
"
Feeling sick to the stomach (nausea) and vomiting.
Blood in the urine (hematuria), which can occur either with stones that stay in the kidney or with those that travel through the ureters.
Frequent and painful urination, which may occur when the stone is in the ureter or after the stone has left the bladder and is in the urethra. Painful urination may occur when a urinary tract infection is also present."

Please let me know if you need more information. Good Luck on your CT scan and keep us updated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Native to Colorado USA. Old farm boy. Married and have three kids, two married and one just about done with high school. Love to grow and photograph r...More

Helpful Tips

Nephrotic Syndrome
My daughter,13 years old, was diagnosed this May with Nephrotic Syndrome. She never had any problems then all the sudden, her ankle swelled ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.